1900 saw the Union of the Free Church of Scotland and the United Presbyterian Church. The new name of the Congregation was the United Free Church of Scotland. Rev. A. MacPherson was installed in 1921 and during his ministry the congregation joined the Presbyterian Church in Ireland and took the name “Scots Church”. Rev. Proctor retired due to ill health in 1938 and that year Ormond Quay congregation, together with their Minister, Rev. Thomas Byers, joined the congregation of Scots Church in Abbey Street. The congregation then took the name “Ormond Quay and Scots”.
Due to a variety of circumstances, the Congregation of Ormond Quay & Scots decided to close their church in Abbey Street and to amalgamate with the Congregation of Clontarf. This was achieved at the General Assembly in 2003 and the new congregation to be known as “Clontarf & Scots Presbyterian Church”.